AIMS – Key messages
- Art4Space is an award winning not-for-profit social enterprise founded and run by professional artists with more than 20 years’ experience
- Visual art is at the centre of everything we do
- We connect and enhance communities through art and inspire individuals through creativity
- We are a local organisation with an international reach
- We work with organisations and individuals to deliver creative solutions
PUT PEOPLE FIRST
- I see everyone as an individual and have a warm approachable manner to help put people at ease.
- I take time to listen and understand each person’s need.
- I explain my role and inform about projects in hand.
- I take responsibility for safety in my environment.
- I share information appropriately and work with others to ensure the best outcome.
- I respect peoples creativity and decision making and try and help where I can.
TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO
- I take pride and see myself as a representative of Art4Space.
- I do what is required and encourage others to do the same.
- I focus attention on detail in my work and take time to check that what I do is accurate.
- I am persistent and see the task through to the end.
- I regularly review what I do and how I do it to improve my personal performance.
- I take personal responsibility for my own learning.
- I treat others how I would like to be treated myself.
- I am aware of and take responsibility for how my attitude and emotions can affect other people.
- I understand that people are different. I pay attention to their different needs so that everyone is treated fairly.
- I listen to other people’s opinions and put my own views forward in a constructive way.
- I turn up on time, participate in the given activity and ensure working practices and environment is inspirational, clean and tidy.
- I help and support my colleagues so that we work well together as a team to achieve our goals.
STRIVE TO BE THE BEST
- I get involved in decisions and suggest improvements to the way we do things.
- I frequently ask for, listen to and accept feedback to improve my day-to-day performance.
- I take ownership for resolving problems that I encounter in my work.
- I am flexible and adapt my ways of working when needed.
- I am keen to learn from the skills and knowledge of others.
- I role model high standards so that people can feel confident in my practice.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
- I do what I say I’m going to do.
- I focus on what is right not who is right. I speak up and tell the truth even if there are personal consequences.
- I am open, honest and say sorry when appropriate.
- I use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and sustainable way.
- I am discreet and sensitive when dealing with confidential information. I challenge others who are not. I protect the privacy and dignity of others.
- I speak up if there is a risk that deadlines may not be met.