Aims and Values
- Art4Space is an award-winning not-for-profit community interest company (CIC) founded and run by professional artists with more than 20 years’ experience
- We use art and creativity as a catalyst for change
- We empower our community to be diverse and inclusive
Our mission is to deliver professional and innovative creative art workshops, projects and training to connect and empower communities.
To achieve our mission, Art4Space has 7 aims:
1. To promote community art within areas of disadvantage
2. To promote community art activities within schools and community settings
3. To provide a community arts centre for local people offering a range of creative
4. To deliver training courses in Employability and Community art, Creative
Remedies and Creative Enterprise.
5. To provide opportunities for corporate engagement
6. To provide opportunities for volunteers, including internships and placements
7. To create mosaic and painted murals, sculpture, and landscaping to transform
the urban environment
- To provide a safe nurturing space for disadvantaged children, young people and adults
- To provide effective meaningful support and services to marginalised people
- To provide equal opportunities and accessibility to our services.
- To be approachable and adaptable
- Realise the creative potential in all
- Put high quality durable artwork into the public realm
- Be innovative in our approach to business and seek out and respond to
To have an active community arts space where people feel ‘enabled’. A space where people who experience barriers to opportunities are welcomed and set on a path for growth, within Art4Space and out in the community. We work towards having mixed income streams to maximise our social impact and a strong team of experienced staff who feel valued and share our passion for the arts.
Theory of Change
Create. Connect. Inspire.
We use art and creativity as a catalyst for change
- Improved economic wellbeing -long term.
– Developing people’s skills and confidence and ultimately employability
– Supporting people to start their own business
– Raising awareness of careers and opportunities in the creative industries
- Improved inclusion in decision making, society and sense of belonging (connectivity)
– People have increased powers of self-expression
– Supporting people to have a voice and advocate for self/others through art
– Provide opportuni9ties for people to actively engaged in their local community
– Build connections for mutual support and friendship
- Improved local environment and public realm
– People are empowered to influence and improve their local environment
– People have an increased sense of pride and involvement with their neighbourhood
– Provide a community hub for Stockwell in the form of the community arts and learning centre providing a safe space for people to be themselves
– Increased awareness and celebration of diversity in communities
- Improved health and wellbeing
– People are better equipped to understand and manage their health and wellbeing (building personal capacity)
– People are less isolated and lonely
– People have more choice and control in their wellbeing
– People are connected to people with similar lived experience for support and friendship
– Build up the social and emotional skills, essential for learning and life through early intervention