This is a framework for all of us to use – staff, volunteers and service users. It will promote consistency for all of us with shared values and behaviours. We can use this for recruitment, change and improvement, setting standards, appraisal and feedback performance.
PUT PEOPLE FIRST
- I see everyone as an individual and have a warm approachable manner to help put people at ease.
- I take time to listen and understand each person’s need.
- I explain my role and inform about projects in hand.
- I take responsibility for safety in my environment.
- I share information appropriately and work with others to ensure the best outcome.
- I respect peoples creativity and decision making and try and help where I can.
TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO
- I take pride and see myself as a representative of Art4Space.
- I do what is required and encourage others to do the same.
- I focus attention on detail in my work and take time to check that what I do is accurate.
- I am persistent and see the task through to the end.
- I regularly review what I do and how I do it to improve my personal performance.
- I take personal responsibility for my own learning.
- I treat others how I would like to be treated myself.
- I am aware of and take responsibility for how my attitude and emotions can affect other people.
- I understand that people are different. I pay attention to their different needs so that everyone is treated fairly.
- I listen to other people’s opinions and put my own views forward in a constructive way.
- I turn up on time, participate in the given activity and ensure working practices and environment is inspirational, clean and tidy.
- I help and support my colleagues so that we work well together as a team to achieve our goals.
STRIVE TO BE THE BEST
- I get involved in decisions and suggest improvements to the way we do things.
- I frequently ask for, listen to and accept feedback to improve my day-to-day performance.
- I take ownership for resolving problems that I encounter in my work.
- I am flexible and adapt my ways of working when needed.
- I am keen to learn from the skills and knowledge of others.
- I role model high standards so that people can feel confident in my practice.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
- I do what I say I’m going to do.
- I focus on what is right not who is right. I speak up and tell the truth even if there are personal consequences.
- I am open, honest and say sorry when appropriate.
- I use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and sustainable way.
- I am discreet and sensitive when dealing with confidential information. I challenge others who are not. I protect the privacy and dignity of others.
- I speak up if there is a risk that deadlines may not be met.
ART4SPACE ARE PROUD TO BE STRIVING TO PAY THE LONDON LIVING WAGE