Our annual reports can be found here: Annual Reports A4S.
This is a framework for all of us to use – staff, volunteers and service users. It will promote consistency for all of us with shared values and behaviours. We can use this for recruitment, change and improvement, setting standards, appraisal and feedback performance.
PUT PEOPLE FIRST
- I see everyone as an individual and have a warm approachable manner to help put people at ease.
- I take time to listen and understand each person’s need.
- I explain my role and inform about projects in hand.
- I take responsibility for safety in my environment.
- I share information appropriately and work with others to ensure the best outcome.
- I respect peoples creativity and decision making and try and help where I can.
TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO
- I take pride and see myself as a representative of Art4Space.
- I do what is required and encourage others to do the same.
- I focus attention on detail in my work and take time to check that what I do is accurate.
- I am persistent and see the task through to the end.
- I regularly review what I do and how I do it to improve my personal performance.
- I take personal responsibility for my own learning.
- I treat others how I would like to be treated myself.
- I am aware of and take responsibility for how my attitude and emotions can affect other people.
- I understand that people are different. I pay attention to their different needs so that everyone is treated fairly.
- I listen to other people’s opinions and put my own views forward in a constructive way.
- I turn up on time, participate in the given activity and ensure working practices and environment is inspirational, clean and tidy.
- I help and support my colleagues so that we work well together as a team to achieve our goals.
STRIVE TO BE THE BEST
- I get involved in decisions and suggest improvements to the way we do things.
- I frequently ask for, listen to and accept feedback to improve my day-to-day performance.
- I take ownership for resolving problems that I encounter in my work.
- I am flexible and adapt my ways of working when needed.
- I am keen to learn from the skills and knowledge of others.
- I role model high standards so that people can feel confident in my practice.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
- I do what I say I’m going to do.
- I focus on what is right not who is right. I speak up and tell the truth even if there are personal consequences.
- I am open, honest and say sorry when appropriate.
- I use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and sustainable way.
- I am discreet and sensitive when dealing with confidential information. I challenge others who are not. I protect the privacy and dignity of others.
- I speak up if there is a risk that deadlines may not be met.
Art4Space currently hold the following, all of which are available upon request:
~ ‘We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard and consumer mark
Making Art4Space Safe
Here are the key things that we are doing to make Art4Space Covid-secure based on guidelines from the government.
- We have decreased capacity to 50% our pre-Covid capacity. Tables and working areas are spaced out.
- We have fewer classes and workshops and longer turnaround times between services.
- Doors will be kept open for maximum air circulation.
- We will be doing tests/ checks on all our staff.
- We are taking details for track and trace.
- Face coverings are mandatory in the studio and communal areas, though not if your workshop is in the garden.
- We will sanitise all touch points and handles continuously throughout the day and sanitise equipment.
- Studios will be rigorously cleaned and disinfected daily.
~ Arts Award Centre certification – Art4Space can offer Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver Arts Awards.
~ National Open College Network registered.
~ PQASSO (Practical Quality Assurance System for Small Organisations).
~ Art4Space CV and individual artists CV’s.
~ Proudly a London Living Wage Employer
~ Portfolios of projects and press articles.
~ References and Testimonials.
~ Healthy workplace certificate.
~ Current clear enhanced DBS Checks.
~ Several training and course certifications and qualifications.
~ Current First Aid Certification.
~ Full Driving Licences.
~ Public Liability Insurance.
~ Eli and Julie are qualified Mental Health First Aiders.
We also have policies for:
- Contingency policy
- Art and Education policy
- Code of conduct policy
- Confidentiality data policy
- Disability and special needs policy
- E policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Family friendly policy
- Green policy
- Health and safety policy
- Handling of secure storage policy
- Recruitment policy
- Resolving difficulties policy
- Child protection and safeguarding policy
- Heathy workplace policy
- Reserves policyWe carry out risk assessments for every project.
Art4Space are committed to keeping their carbon footprint to a minimum and are advocates for raising environmental awareness in the groups that we work with. Art4Space are members of the local Scrap Scheme and use junk modelling in art workshops. We use bio cleaner, recycle pots for containers and old clothes for cloths, our kiln is energy efficient, we use recycled and reused tiles wherever possible and we fuse reclaimed glass into our mosaics. Art4Space support local businesses and encourage localised volunteering.